Sunday, June 05, 2011

The Apple Galette





























Apple Galette - frankly I was not familiar with a "galette", but you learn something everyday! I made this last weekend and I am making another one this morning... it was that good. Very easy with the wonderful recipe I found at Elephantine. I need to work on how to core and slice apples! The turbinado sugar in the recipe is actually raw natural cane sugar, available at the grocery store. It's a bigger sugar grain and simply "makes" the crust... adds crunch and well worth it. This will be lovely a little later with a spot of vanilla ice cream and some coffee :)


 Here is the galette before I put it in the oven. I added, this time, a little more sugar to the apples, dashes of cinnamon and allspice - a little more like apple pie flavors. Note: top photo is last week's baked galette; photo directly above is this week's.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...